Cultiva Hanfmesse in Vienna (usually just called ‘Cultiva’) features over 150 exhibitors, showcasing the latest innovations in the cannabis industry. There are also workshops, expert speakers, and product presentations for visitors to enjoy. The congress often focuses on the laws regarding cannabis use, and its role in medicine, politics and culture.
Where? Vösendorf, Vienna, Austria
When? 11th – 13th October 2019 (2020 TBC)
First started – 2009
Type of event – Expo and conference
Sensi Seeds’ location – Stand P43
Official website – https://www.cultiva.at/
What to expect from Cultiva 2019?
- High profile speakers will be focusing on the role of cannabis in medicine, and how legal regulations have changed in some European countries in the past few months.
- Several medical practitioners and cannabis experts will be speaking at the event, including: Dr Kurt Blaas (who will focus on cannabinoids in medical practice), and Mag. Jakob Hutthaler-Brandauer (discussing the legalities of using cannabis in edibles in Austria).
- The Cultiva Patients’ Lounge will also be open, giving people the chance to discuss medicinal cannabis issues with experts in the industry.
Practical information / things to keep in mind when visiting Cultiva
- Location – Eventhotel Pyramid Vösendorf, Congress Centre – Rooms Pacific 1-3 / Safari / Caribic Parkallee 2. 2334 Vösendorf bei Wien – Austria
There are free shuttle buses from Siebenhirten, taking visitors to the event. These operate during the following hours:
Friday: 10:30am to 7pm
Saturday: 10:30 am to midnight
Sunday: 10:30am to 7pm
The shuttle buses depart every 15 minutes. Alternatively, visitors can travel to Cultiva using the Badnerbahn (direction Baden, get off at Vösendorf-SCS). Those travelling by car should note that there are limited parking spaces, which cost €1.50 an hour.
- Cost – Online day tickets cost €15, and three-day tickets are €28 (both plus booking fees). There are also various deals for ticket-hotel bundles.
- Opening hours – Cultiva’s doors open at 10:30am, with the first talks starting at 11am.
- Staying there – The Eventhotel Pyramide is in the same venue, making it the most convenient accommodation option. Other hotels in the vicinity include: Hotel Rainers21, Hotel Karl Wirt, Fabrik Hotel Vösendorf, Phoenix7 Hotel, and Heuriger – Pension Hossl.
Rules / Legalities
- No unaccompanied minors – Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- ID required – ID is required at the door, for proof of age.
- No illegal substances / smoking – Illegal substances and weapons are forbidden. Smoking is only permitted in designated zones.
- Austrian cannabis laws – Recreational cannabis use is illegal in Austria.
Check out this comprehensive article about the Austria’s cannabis laws to find out more.
Cultiva is one of Austria’s leading cannabis events, attracting visitors from across the continent. Here’s some insight into what happened in previous years.
What happened at Cultiva 2018?
- Key speakers for Cultiva 2018 included: Dr Thomas Gefaell, who talked about cannabis and traditional Chinese medicine, Dr Felicita Heidler, a neurologist who gave her perspective on cannabis and multiple sclerosis, and Professor Tamara Lah Turnsek, who spoke about using the drug to extend the life expectancy of cancer patients.
- There were also plenty of exhibitors showcasing their cannabis-related products, including edibles and books.
- Here’s a video, giving insight into what Cultiva 2018 was like:
What happened at Cultiva 2017?
- Among the speakers talking at this year’s Cultiva were: Professor Rainer Schmid, who was examining the lessons to be learnt from the legalisation of medicinal cannabis in the US, and Dr med. Eva Milz, who discussed the role of cannabis in psychiatry.
- Attendees listened to music performances, examined different strains of cannabis plants, or just relaxed in hammocks and enjoyed the atmosphere.
- As one of the main sponsors of the event, Sensi Seeds attended at stand P43.
- Here’s an official video, giving an overview of Cultiva 2017:
What happened at Cultiva 2016?
- Sensi Seeds exhibited at Cultiva 2016, offering visitors the chance to view our range of products. We were also giving away free packs of seeds to lucky attendees.
- Boris Banas, a prominent cannabis activist (and founder of CBDepot) gave a lecture on the legalities regarding cannabis extracts and cannabinoids.
- Another interesting speaker for this year was Percy Grower, who discussed how work-related burnout led him to start working in the cannabis industry.
- Barney’s Farm released a video, detailing the highlights of the event. You can watch it here:
What happened at Cultiva 2015?
- Holger Ronitz was speaking at 2015’s Cultiva. As a co-founder of THC-Pharm, his talk was titled ‘Between finished medicament and self-cultivation’. Dr Lumir Hanus was another notable speaker, who examined the links between ancient medicine and modern medical cannabis.
- In keeping with the spirit of the event, Sensi Seeds handed out free t-shirts at Cultiva 2015. We were also giving away free packs of Sensi Skunk Feminized to all those who purchased any of our other seeds.
Here’s a video of Dr Lumir Hanus’s 2015 talk: