Hemp pasta Who doesn’t love a bowl of fresh pasta? Use hemp seed oil to up the nutritional value and give your pasta a new unique taste. Here is our hemp pasta recipe.
You will need
- A rolling pin or a pasta machine
- 400 grams of pasta flour
- 4 eggs
- 30 millilitres of olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 30 millilitres of hemp seed oil
Preparation time10 minutes
Cook time20 minutes
Total time30 minutes
Recipe Yield (Servings)4
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE HEMP PASTA?
To make hemp pasta you will need a rolling pin or a pasta machine. It takes about 30 minutes to prep and make, and serves 4. Please note that ‘cook time’ in this recipe does not include the boiling time of the fresh made pasta. Boiling hemp pasta takes about 5 minutes depending on the shape you’ve cut it in. General rule of thumb: boil until it floats and taste to find the ‘al dente’ moment.
6 STEPS TO MAKE HEMP PASTA
- Place the flour on a clean surface. Make a well and crack the eggs into it. Add the olive oil and hemp seed oil.
- Using your fingertips, mix the eggs with the flour.
- Now it´s time to start kneading. There is no secret to it. Kneading is hard work. Knead, knead and knead some more!
- Slice the dough in even pieces, wrap in cling film and put it in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough through the pasta machine and repeat this process until it is smooth as silk. Alternatively, you can also use a rolling pin. Make sure to lightly dust the dough with flour if it sticks at all.
- Cut into desired shape.
Delicious! How did you do? Any tips or suggestions, tell us below!