A new trend has arrived in Germany, and in particular in the German party capital Berlin. We are talking about pepped-up party snacks that are seasoned with cannabis and which deliver an extra special-kick when consumed. At informal events or private parties in particular, these small tasty treats are growing in popularity all the time.
So, we would like to tell you about the 3 most popular cannabis-infused party recipes:
Cannabis Jelly Babies
The first recipe we would like to share with you is for the increasingly popular cannabis jelly babies. They are the perfect snack to have at any time of day and can be simply put out on the table or the counter.
- 1-2 g hash or cannabis oil
- 1 packet of jelly cubes
- 8 sheets of unflavoured gelatine
- ½ cup of cold water
- Silicone moulds
- First of all, it is necessary to make the basis for the jelly babies. In order to do so, transfer the jelly cubes and the gelatine to a container with the water.
- Blend the mixture using a whisk. Initially, it will be very runny but will soon start to thicken.
- When the mixture thickens, it must be placed on the hob at medium heat. Stir occasionally. The mixture will become runny again, and must be kept on the hob and stirred continuously until it is really smooth and no longer contains any lumps.
- Once the mixture has reached a fine consistency, add the hash or cannabis oil and carefully stir it in.
- Once the mixture is properly blended, it is time for the last step. Pour the mixture into the silicone moulds.
- Then, place the filled moulds in the freezer to set for approximately 20 minutes.
- Once the jelly babies are nice and firm, release them from the moulds and they are ready to eat.
Depending on the desired effect and strength, the dosage of 1-2 grams can be increased. However, it is a good idea to not overdo it, since some guests might have very strong reactions. We would therefore recommend a rather modest dosage.
Also, it is possible to add flavourings to the mixture in order to create different tastes. However, we would recommend leaving out artificial flavourings, in order to enhance the cannabis flavour.
To add greater variety, choose something other than traditional jelly baby moulds. All kinds of different shapes are possible, but do ensure that the mixture comes out of the mould easily at the end. Silicone moulds are the best option here.
Hash lollies are another sweet with a kick and they are especially popular with the ladies. They are prepared in the following way:
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of corn syrup
- 50 g butter
- 1 pack of gelatine powder
- 2 g hash
- Lollipop sticks
- First place the gelatine powder in a bowl.
- Then add the hash and thoroughly blend everything together.
- Now gently heat the sugar, the corn syrup and the butter in a pan. Stir the mixture continuously until it starts to simmer gently.
- As soon as the mixture has heated up and is simmering gently, increase the temperature to around 120-140°C.
- Once this temperature has been reached, turn off the heat.
- Pour the hash and gelatine mixture from the bowl into the pan.
- Stir the hash gelatine with a whisk until everything has been evenly distributed. You will have to act quickly, because the mixture cools very rapidly and hardens, which makes it impossible to form it into lollies.
- There are various ways of shaping the lollies – we will give you the two main options:
- The first is to carefully pour a small quantity of the mixture into small moulds, similar to ice cube trays. Once the moulds are filled, simply insert the lollipop sticks and place the mould in the fridge to cool down.
- The second is to use a small ice cream scoop to form balls out of the sticky mixture. Carefully place the balls on a baking tray, (which you need to have lined with baking paper to prevent them from sticking). Then insert lollipop sticks into the balls and place the whole thing in the fridge to set.
Choosing different flavours of gelatine powder changes the final taste of the lollies. In addition, you can play with the hash dosage here, too. Depending on how strong you want the kick to be, you can add more than 2 grams.
Hash cookies are probably the classic cannabis snack that you can also buy in many coffeeshops. It is so easy to make them at home.
- 2-3 g hash
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 180 g sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- zest of 1 lemon
- 60 g chocolate
- First whisk all the sugar and eggs in a bowl to create a fluffy, creamy mixture.
- Add and mix in the flour.
- Add and mix in the nuts and the lemon zest.
- In another container, mix the hash into the melted butter until it has virtually dissolved and has entirely blended with the butter.
- Now, melt the chocolate and mix it into the butter.
- Finally, mix together the creamy and the butter mixtures.
- Make cookies from the mixture and bake them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes at 180-200°C.
As with the other two recipes, it is also possible to experiment with the hash dosage here. It is important to note that it will take some time for the hash in the cookies to have an effect. Therefore, you should avoid eating too many of them at one time.
- Disclaimer:Laws and regulations regarding cannabis use differ from country to country. Sensi Seeds therefore strongly advises you to check your local laws and regulations. Do not act in conflict with the law.