Cannafest is one of the largest cannabis expos / trade shows in the world. Over 260 exhibitors attend, from 26 different countries, and the total exhibition space covers 16,500 metres squared. The event is a conference too, with industry experts speaking on a range of cannabis-related topics. Visitors can also enjoy a cinema, reading room, and a kid’s zone.
Where? Letňany, Prague, Czech Republic
When? 1st – 3rd November 2019 (2020 TBC)
First started: 2010
Type of event – Trade show and conference
Visitor count – 30,784 (2018)
Awards up for grabs – Various awards are given to exhibitors
Sensi Seeds’ attendance –Official website – https://www.cannafest.com/en/
Practical information / things to keep in mind when visiting Cannafest
- Location – PVA Expo Prague, Beranovych 667, 199 00 Prague 9. Czech Republic. The easiest way to reach Cannafest is to travel by Metro to Letňany station (C line), or by bus, to the Vystaviste Letnany bus stop.
- Cost – A one-day ticket costs 200 Kc / €8 (150 Kc if pre-purchased). A three-day ticket costs 350 Kc / €15 (250 Kc if pre-purchased). Disabled visitors can enter for free, but will need a valid disability card to gain entry without paying.
- Opening hours –
Friday: 2pm to 8pm
Saturday: 11am to 8pm
Sunday: 11am to 6pm
- Staying there –
Cannafest recommends the following hotels: Clarion Congress Hotel Prague, or Absolutum Boutique Hotel. Both are close to PVA Expo, and also near to the centre of Prague.
Rules / Legalities
- No smoking. It’s forbidden to smoke anywhere in the trade show, apart from in the designated smoking area.
- Adults only. Only adults are permitted in the trade show. However, there is a kids’ fun and relax zone, where children can be cared for by professional babysitters.
- Czech cannabis laws – Recreational cannabis use has been decriminalised in the Czech Republic, but it is still illegal.
Check out this comprehensive article about the Czech Republic’s cannabis laws to find out more.
Cannafest is one of Europe’s leading cannabis events, attracting visitors from across the continent. Here’s some insight into what happened in previous years.
What happened at Cannafest 2018?
- Speakers from around the world were in attendance, such as Brandon Allen (a cannabis chef and entrepreneur from the US), Jonathan Newman (a social anthropologist from the UK) and Ilya Reznik (from the International Association for Cannabis as Medicine, Israel).
- The Cannafest Free Zone (a free mini festival) featured a Wheel of Fortune, Photo Corner, DJs, and a cocktail bar.
- The Cannafest stage had a wide range of entertainment running throughout the day, such as workshops, contests, performances, and more.
- Here’s a video, capturing the highlights of the event:
- And here’s Sensi Seeds’ very own David Duclos being interviewed at the event:
What happened at Cannafest 2017?
- Sensi Seeds was at Cannafest 2017, and we were excited to announce our latest new strain. We were also giving away free packs of Afghani #1 Feminized.
- Key speakers at this event included the famous Czech chemist and researcher Lumir Hanus, and the cannabis breeder Sasha Przytyk. Przytyk was responsible for creating the first fully stabilised autoflowering strain.
- The Cannafest Free Zone was first introduced in this year, with skateboard exhibitions, graffiti competitions, and live music.
- You can watch the highlights here:
What happened at Cannafest 2016?
- The event saw a significant rise in global / media attention, with over 180 accredited journalists covering it.
- Various cannabis documentaries were shown in the cinema, including ‘Grassroots: The Cannabis Revolution’ – a hotly anticipated project created by Dale Beaumont-Brown and Clark French.
- Sensi Seeds was giving out free seeds at 2016’s event too; this time Sensi Skunk Feminized.
- Here’s a video, to give you some idea of what the event was like:
What happened at Cannafest 2015?
- Key speakers at Cannafest 2015 included Lumir Hanus, and Cristina Sanchez, one of the world’s leading researchers into cannabinoid anti-tumoral treatment for breast cancer.
- In addition to giving away seeds, Sensi Seeds also ran a t-shirt giveaway for our loyal fans.
- You can watch the main events at Cannafest 2015 here:
What happened at Cannafest 2013?
- Sensi Seeds gave visitors the chance to sample a free pack of Skunk #1 Automatic, which came free with every purchase.
This year was notable in that, despite the Czech government decriminalising cannabis in 2010, the police were raiding grow shops across the entire country.