Looking for a dairy free substitute to cow’s milk? Try hemp milk! It’s easy to make, nutritious and tasty. Hemp milk supplies the body with necessary fatty acids, amino acids and minerals.
Tools & ingredients
- 160 grams of hulled hemp seeds
- 1 litre of water
- Optional: natural sweetener such as honey, stevia or maple syrup
- Optional: salt, vanilla extract, pinch of cinnamon
Cooking time (minutes)
How to make homemade hemp milk
- Mix peeled hemp seeds and water in a blender and blend for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add water until you reach your desired thickness
- Add optional ingredients
- Blend again
- Put through sieve
To make hemp milk you will need a blender, a sieve and only 5 minutes of your time.
Benefits of hemp seeds
Hemp seeds are considered a superfood. They are an excellent source of protein, minerals and dietary fibre.
Hemp seeds can be used to make hemp milk, as shown above. Hemp milk’s benefits range from promoting healthy skin, hair and nails, as well as increasing your mental capacity, heart condition and immune system.
Hemp protein powder is made from the seeds as well. The powder is of high quality in terms of amino acid composition. It contains 20 amino acids, from which 8 are essential.